Thursday 10 November 2016

Spring Races 2016

Every year Melbourne hosts 'The Melbourne Cup' or AKA 'The Race that Stops the Nation' even though it's only celebrated in Melbourne, (we even get a public holiday for it). 
The races can be boring if you're not 18...because that means no betting on horses or drinking. The whole racing industry is twisted but needless to say, I was fortunate enough to attend the last Spring Race day, The Emirates Stakes Day where it's mostly enjoyed by families of all ages. I accompanied a few of my friends. And a few train rides later, we were at the Flemington Race Course. 
Now once we settled on our 4-person-only picnic rug we all looked at each other and said, "what now?" Needless to say, it was freezing cold, 'Spring' is definitely not in bloom. Thankfully I brought an umbrella which not only acted as a shield to the rain but also the wind. Several showers of cold rain later, the sun came out to play for what seemed like 30 seconds. During that time, my friends and I all made it clear that we had to take photos for the 'Gram. So photos we took. I'm not going to sugar coat it but the weather was disgusting. But we did take advantage of the sun...

The previous time I had been to these races it may have been 10 years ago believe it or not. The atmosphere was totally different compared to then. Obviously, I was younger and smaller (only slightly) but it was totally different for me. As I can't quite recall the races back then, I have seen photos and it was evident how different the weather is from then. I was a wearing hat, squinting to smile up at the camera because the sun was far too blinding...completely different to what I experienced the other day. Literally, I wanted to bring a blanket to the races but I decided to pull it together and 'man up' and let myself be cold because obviously, 'beauty is pain'. 


Till next time, 
Jacinta Eloise 


DRESS: Y Not?
SHOES: Lipstik Shoes 

HEAD PIECES: Lovisa
EYESHADOW: Morphe
LIPSTICK: Napoleon Perdis

No comments:

Post a Comment